Monday, May 8, 2017

WEEK 79: A POWERFUL WITNESS OF JESUS CHRIST


The past few weeks have been awesome.  We were able to have a baptism for Johnnie, who is an awesome YSA.  We are teaching his other 4 friends that all have a date that they are working towards for baptism.

The work in the Hemet area is going awesome!  In my zone there are six companionships and everyone is doing awesome.  This zone is truly working together, and I wouldn't be surprised if we were all translated like the city of Enoch.  It is really weird having such a young zone, Elder Moyers has been out for 22 months, and I have been out for a little over a year or so :)  The rest of the zone, the companionships are all 10 months or less.  It feels like yesterday that I was with my awesome trainer Elder Heelis and it was the year 2015!!  It is so crazy to see how fast the mission has gone by.

But what has been even more spectacular has been the many people I have been able to come to love and see enter into the waters of baptism.  Also, my faith in Jesus Christ has grown tremendously, as I have done my best to serve Him and come to know Him.  It is one thing to know facts about the Savior, to be able to know that He walked the earth, or He walked on water, or that He cleansed the Temple and told the people to not make mine Fathers house an house of merchandise.  But it is another thing to truly, truly know Him, and feel the love He has for you through not only the scriptures, but the words of modern day prophets.  I know that He is coming again, and that now is the time to prepare.  Christ taught that no man knoweth when I will return.  Not the angels not even myself, but only the Father. From that we know that God the Father and Jesus Christ are two separate and distinct individuals that want us to know They love us and care for us.

I truly know that the Book of Mormon’s role is to convince us that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God, and that the Bible is the word of God.  Because of Joseph Smith, I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the restored church, and that he truly did see God and Jesus Christ in that Grove called Sacred.  I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. There is no other name that you can be saved by. 

Love,
EP

===============================================
Christina's Baptism
A former investigator that Elder Pennington had an opportunity to teach was baptized this past week and he was able to go back to Moreno Valley to see that happen.  Here is what he wrote...

"I finally got to go back to a baptism in Moreno Valley!  Cheyenne, a girl Elder Smith and I baptized a year ago in April, had a mother that was pretty interested as well, but it wasn’t her time yet.  So a year later she was able to enter into the waters of baptism as well.  Her name is Christina!!

No comments:

Post a Comment