Monday, November 6, 2017

WEEK 104: ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT & NO SLOWING DOWN

I can not believe that I only have one week left as a full time missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I want to soak in every single last second of being set apart to do this work.  Still has not hit me yet but I am sure it will once I feel myself leave the smog of California. 
Brother Gomez's baptismal service

This past week I was able to make it back to a baptism for Brother Gomez!  The service was absolutely amazing, there has been a ton of people that have been waiting and praying for this day to come and it finally did!!!  Elder Anderson and I taught him when we were in La Piedra together, and it was cool we were asked to do the presentation of the Restoration following the ordinance.

Elder Pennington and Bro. Gomez
on his baptism day

My past emails have been touching the Doctrine of Christ a ton haha I am sorry if it seems repetitive, but I have talked about faith, repentance, and enduring but this email is going to be about Baptism and the Holy Ghost!!!  They confirmed him at the Baptism as well, because he is a fire-fighter so he has kind of a weird schedule, but I was able to be a part of the confirmation as well which was awesome and usually rare when you go back for someone’s baptism, because they only usual do that during church on Sundays.  I absolutely know that as Jesus says himself, “Verily verily I say unto you unless a man be born of water and the spirit he can not  enter into the kingdom of God” (John 3:5)  It is an amazing opportunity to have the priesthood authority that is necessary to perform these ordinances, and there is always such a sweet spirit that is invited to baptisms. The Spirit does such an amazing job at testifying to truth and I feel that feeling every time I witness someone partake in this saving ordinance.
Captain America and Minnie Mouse
(last Halloween in California)

I love you all and I will see you guys soon! 4th quarter!!! Time to hit the pavement.

Love,

Elder Pennington 

No comments:

Post a Comment