Monday, September 25, 2017

WEEK 99: RETURN TO HEMET FOR A BAPTISM

Wow I can't believe that I am in my last transfer. Things kind of feel surreal. It hasn't really hit me yet, but in my mind I am just thinking like this is all you have left. One more transfer to shine.....That is exactly what I am going to do!!
 
Bro. Murphy's Baptismal Service

So I had the opportunity to go back to my old area in Hemet for Brother Murphy's baptism! This guy is a stud, I found him while on splits with our Ward Mission Leader. We felt prompted to visit a family in the ward, so we went to our apartment complex and I was like hmm the open parking is kind of far away and there is usually never open spots...lets just go see if there is an open one anyway so we went and parked to go visit the family because miraculously
Bro. Murphy's baptismal service
there was an open spot, and then after some knocks and some rings there was no answer. I was like man what the heck Spirit why did you tell me to come here....As we were walking back to the car a gentleman greeted me before I said hello and that never happens, especially in California. We talked to him and he said that his wife had passed away because of a drunk driver a couple of months before our encounter and we told him that our message helps answer the questions of where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going after this life! It was pretty sweet, we invited him to church and he came and we taught him and then I got transferred :/ They lost contact for a little bit, but then got the ball rolling and he was able to be baptized a month and a half later. It was an awesome experience to be a part of, and to see the change that he was willing to make in order to live in harmony with God's commandments.

Elder Pennington (Grandpa), Elder Avei (Son), Elder Simpson (Grandson)
Pennington trained Avei who in turn trained Simpson
Other than that this week has been good, we got calls and Elder Rose and I are staying together for another round in good ole Perris, CA. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and his gospel. I am so grateful for the opportunity we have to exercise his Doctrine and apply the Atonement of our Savior to our lives. It was really cool, I am trying to read through the Bible again before I go home, and I was reading in Leviticus and it was talking about how the people had to go to the temple before the priests (Aaron and his sons) and make an atonement (or sacrifice) to be able to be forgiven. They went through the repentance process, and it was cool how they were receiving forgiveness by offering their own atonement.

Christ's Atonement in Gethsemane
I am grateful for a Savior that was chosen before this life to come down here for us all and save us from our sins, sadness and infirmities. Because he went through this significant event, He knows how to perfectly succor us in our times of need. I hope these next six weeks go by slow so I can live through every single minute of it, but I hope you all continue to keep me in your prayers as I journey to help the city of Perris become translate because of our righteousness ;)

Love,

Elder Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment