Monday, June 26, 2017

WEEK 86: FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD


Skye and Stefanie come for a visit and
take Elder Pennington out for lunch.
Elder Luthy has been transferred haha.  He only stayed one  month with me, and now he is going back to Riverside.  My new companion is Elder Olsen, and he has been out the same amount of time as me.  He has been in the ASL Branch a good chunk of his mission.  I am excited to be able to work with him.  I am super grateful for the opportunity I had to be able to learn from him!

I really have learned to love the scriptures more, and he was able to help push me a long.  As I have been reading through the Bible again, I am in Galatians and it is super cool how you learn about bearing one another’s burdens and how you reap what you sow.  Being a follower takes a lot of action.  James tells us to be doers not hearers and how Faith without works is dead being alone.  It is a process and you have to act on your faith.

I talked to a guy that said if my message is so good why do I have to be peddling my faith around.  Jesus Christ sent his apostles out at the end of the gospel of Matthew specifically, to teach all nations.  Jesus Christ walked and shared his faith.  He did not just sit his entire ministry.  He was out working and being an example.  I have a strong faith in Jesus Christ, and that we need to practice what we teach and lead by example and those works will help you increase your faith.


EP

Skye comes for a visit

Skye, one of Elder Pennington's converts

Just call me Elder "Joe Cool" Pennington

Raise your hand if you're sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment